Saturday, December 18, 2010

He Shows You

This morning I didn't wake early enough to say my prayers or read a Bible passage. I thought that this would make me have an unproductive and faithless morning.

Once again, He showed me that I was incorrect.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." 
Jeremiah 29:11

This morning one of my volunteer projects was to assemble and deliver Christmas baskets of food and encouragement to those who are less fortunate in these troubled times. I was touched by one family in particular who greeted us with open arms, who Blessed us and thanked God for us and thanked us for the handmade teddy bear that someone had lovingly made that their grandson could now enjoy. How thankful they were for the turkey and trimmings, the daily necessities that they were given. How they told us of their son who was coming home from Afghanistan where he was working with the military Clergy. 

I was humbled. I Blessed them as well, wished them a Merry Christmas and asked them to thank their son for his service to our country. I realized that today, though I have not yet prayed or talked to Him, he has showed me how lucky and blessed I am for the people, faith and things that I have. 

He is in control. 

No comments: